Welcome to the Daniels Fund Interactive Ethics Tool
at the Monfort College of Business.
This website is designed to develop your skill in principle-based ethical reasoning, using the eight principles of the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative as a guide.
- Integrity: Act with honesty in all situations
- Trust: Build trust in all stakeholder relationships
- Accountability: Accept responsibility for all decisions
- Transparency: Maintain open and truthful communications
- Fairness: Engage in fair competition and create equitable and just relationships
- Respect: Honor the rights, freedoms, views and property of others
- Rule of Law: Comply with the spirit and intent of laws and regulations
- Viability: Create long-term value for all relevant stakeholders
According to the Daniels Fund principle-based approach,
- The eight principles above provide a constant foundation to ethical decision-making.
- While the application of those principles requires careful attention to the details of any particular case, the principles themselves do not vary and are not relative to specific situations.
- Doing what is right (as defined by the principles) should always prevail over self-interest in cases when the two may appear to collide.
How can a website develop your principle-based ethical reasoning skills?
The links on this page provide you with concise information about the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative and Bill Daniels’ own life. Creating an account gives you access to a guided deliberation process that provides you with step-by-step advice in applying the principles to any situation you may face. You may also wish to submit your deliberations to our team of ethics coaches for additional suggestions and feedback. Professors at the Monfort College of Business use this site to coach students who are learning how to resolve ethical issues that arise in contemporary business contexts. Although anyone may use the site, only students who are assigned this activity by a professor will receive coaching. Unsolicited submissions will not receive coaching results.